The place I work at right now use to be a low stress work place, I said "use to be." As of the last few months the stress level has gone through the roof. Let me just highlight the several causes of that:
- hired new production boss who has no previous experience of being a manager or knows anything about production. He was hired because he is a friend of the owner.
- production boss fires lead production person and promotes a dip shit from off of the assembly line to run things. Dip shit has no leadership qualities and has no idea how to run a production line.
- Vice-president does not like new production boss, mainly because she did not hire him
- Vice-president tries to run production as well - driving all of us bonkers
- Queen Bee as we call her is in charge of QA and enjoys stirring the pot of emotions on the production floor. She is tight with the VP so she can get people fired, in trouble or what ever she sees fit for herself.
- time studies are being done all the time. As production workers we are timed for every little part of a unit down to how long did it take to tighten a screw - to the second. This has been going on for almost 2 years now but the last few months it has gotten worse.
After the production lead got fired I saw many people change who they hung out with during breaks. One guy who wanted to be the lead (but did not get the job) is now hanging out with Queen Bee. He probably thinks he can get her to help him get the production lead job. I don't have the heart to tell him that Queen Bee has always disliked him because he makes too many mistakes.
Yes the soap opera goes on, but unlike a soap opera this one will end.
Get The Dumb Shits I Work With on your Kindle. Click on the link for a free 14 day trial today.