Pages

People reading this now

Production schedules and why they are messed up

I wish I worked at a company that actually has a production scheduler. As it happens, the nut jobs where I work just don't have a clue.

Imagine you are a company that wants something made and you ask that it be delivered by a certain date. You give the company making your item at least 30 to 60 days notice thinking that the company can get your stuff to you on time. Not if you order the stuff from the place I work at.

I am constantly working on projects that were not even kitted
up until the week before the shipping due date. The reasoning is that if the product is on the production floor, it costs the company money. They also think that the product must be made with as few people as possible to lessen the labor costs. Of course I have also sat for 3 days reading outdated instruction manuals because they had no work for me, while a co-worker was struggling to meet a shipping deadline. I was not allowed to help. Sounds a little like the Federal government.

None of this makes sense to me. I suppose it is why the company has been in business for 20 years and has gone from 15 employees to 70 employees, back down to 28 employees.

Get The Dumb Shits I Work With on your Kindle. Click on the link for a free 14 day trial today.

No comments:

Post a Comment